Wednesday 4 July 2012

The Night Of Nisfu Sya'ban

Assalamualaikum wbt.

Hi guys. How's your preparation tonight? I hope everyone is prepared to fast tomorrow. Nisfu in Arabic means middle. Thus, tonight is the middle night of the month of Sya'ban. 15 days from now, we will welcome the month of Ramadhan, where Muslims all over the world will fast for the whole month.

Tonight, people usually recite the Yaasin three times after the Maghrib prayer. There's a specific dua for tonight. And they will go out to look at the full moon, on their way to the mosque.

This morning, I have tidied up my house, to welcome this night. My father came back early just to read the Yaasin. Alas, he and my mom could not finish it three times coz both of them have to teach the neighbours' children to recite the Quran.

My mom however, managed to finish it at the musolla with her sisters in Islam. My little sister however, is the winner tonight. She managed to recite the Yaasin three times after the Maghrib prayer, and I don't even know how/where she got the motivation. Maybe, it's instilled by my parents since we were young, as evident below.

 Two beautiful children I met in Mekah, at the Masjidilharam.


 My sisters at the hotel lobby in Mekah, in their telekung, worn by Malaysian women when praying.


 My little sister in Masjidilharam, with the view of the Kaabah in the background. How I miss the atmosphere and the feeling of praying and performing ibadah there. I pray that I will be able to go there again soon. Ya Allah, please grant my wish.


Looking out the window to the view of Masjid An-Nabawi. A mixed feeling as reflected on my face, pondering about my future, and why I am placed on this earth. There must be a responsibility that God has bestowed upon my shoulders. It is for me to discover, guided, insyaallah, by God, on the straight path, till the day I part this world.


Have a wonderful, beautiful, cheerful, happy life.
Daniel Zaydi





No comments:

Post a Comment