Thursday 12 July 2012

Mekah and Madinah Always On My Mind Part 3

All wrapped up in the ihram, on the way to Mekah from Madinah to perform the Umrah.


The view is almost similar all the way from Madinah to Mekah. (it's a 7 hour journey you know).



Masjidil Haram on the horizon.

My heart was beating very fast the first time I saw Masjidil Haram, and I felt a burst of feelings as I entered the sacred mosque.

I wanted to cry, coz it was like a dream the first time I set eyes on the Kaabah. We have to perform the tawaf first going 7 times around the Kaabah.

Then we proceeded to perform the saie. My mom said she could relate to the story of Siti Hajar and Prophet Ismail, coz that's how she really felt when my brother was dying. She went everywhere frantically in search of cure for my brother, not a second went by without her making dua for my sick brother.
After we finish performing the saie, we'll cut some of our hair or shave our heads (shaving is strictly for male) to indicate that we are out of the haram state.

This is how it looks like in Masjidil Haram. I've never felt so calm, relax and happy compared to when I was in this sacred place.

Ya Allah, please grant my wish to come here again. Soon. Amin.



Assalamualaikum wbt.

Hi guys.
Hokay, well, emm, really don't know what to write about Mekah and Madinah....need help to jog my memory back ....maybe the above photos have help y'all get a clearer picture of how it's like to perform Umrah...(If you're wondering why my writing is down here, while the photos are above, actually I made some mistakes earlier, luckily everything went into draft file, and, I was really having a difficult time moving the photos down, so just let them be where they want to be, right..)


So did you go to the mosque just now? It's a routine for me to go especially every Thursday night to pray Isya', recite the Yaasin, make dua for the departed, pray Solatul Hajat and have supper together. It's like a weekly gathering for the Muslim community and the children are the most cheerful, because they get to play in the mosque.

I have to tell you that last night I dreamt of my brother again, This time he was playing but I could not remember the detail. Thank you God, after he did not appear in my dream for so long. My mom was very pleased to hear about the dream.

I promised to update y'all about my school's achievement. Sadly, we lost the Robotic challenge. However, we won gold in some badminton and tae kwan do events, don't ask me where, I really don't have any idea. This Saturday, my lil'sis and I are going to participate in the National School Co-op event, whereby our own Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak will be officiating. It's doubly exciting for me, coz I think I'll help out at my father's office booth, which will be set up there. I really want to help distribute the flyers.

Another good news, my lil'sis has got a promotion. She's offered a place in Form 1 KRK after her outstanding result in the recent exams. As for me, my result is just ok (cukup makan le tu). Lucky for me, my parents never really push us. In fact, we have never attended any tuition or paid classes like other kids. My mother is really against long school hours. She said, what's important is for children to learn the art of living.

Hokay, enough for tonight...

Part 4 coming soon..

Cheers,
Daniel Zaydi

No comments:

Post a Comment