Monday 10 September 2012

What's Your Hobby?

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Today I'd like to talk about my new hobby. Cleaning the house. He he, do you find it weird? Yes, I feel kinda weird too, but that's what I like to do after the Hari Raya is over. Why? because when I went to my friend Syafikah's house during Hari Raya, I was really amazed.
.
You see, she lives in a small low cost apartment in a neighbourhood next to mine. Her apartment is facing the highway. Very bad of the government to allow this to happen because the apartment acts like a buffer wall to the big houses behind it. Anyway, when I stepped inside, I was like Wow (yes, it's a big wow), coz her place is really really clean and polish. I asked her, how long have you been staying here, and she said since the year 2000. Well, that's about 12 years already and it's still sparkling like brand new. She has very little stuff but just nice to be comfortable and she told me she polishes her home everyday.
.
Well, to tell you the truth, I never like to go to people's flats coz the stairs are dirty, and the place is usually cramp and stifling, and they would paint the place with hard colours like bright yellow or green and the kitchen would be very small and not airy etc.Even my friends who live in big houses don't really take care of their homes. Their place would be untidy and don't look nice except those who have maids.
.
However, my friend's place is really really neat (neater than my own place), very clean (cleaner than my place) and looks very nice (nicer than my place).
.
Now, I feel like I have to make my place just like hers or even better. That's why I've been polishing my place everyday, coz it gives me a sense of satisfaction whenever I've finished cleaning up my house.
.
Now, I'd like to talk about my big sis's hobby. Since she won the Floria Competition, all she does is involved in landscaping projects at school. At home, she's busy with her terrarium projects. My mom even dedicated an old study in our porch to display all her terrariums, cactus, and mom has plans to buy her little live fish to further decorate the study.Well, whateva makes you happy Anis.
.
As for my lil sis. She's really a pro at socializing. Even when she was small, she'd greet all our neighbours and became friendly with everyone. My mom is having a headache to curb her habit coz she likes to visit her friends and would plan to go out and celebrate this and that, sleep at her friend's house, help out at the masjid, make cookies, help her friend's mom cook for open house and whatnot. My mom is worried about her coz she's a girl and she's only 13 (and she only consulted my mom about her plans after she has promised her friends). When her friend Shareen was leaving our school a few months back, she even asked to talk in front of the assembly and dedicated a special speech for her friend. For your info, this has never happened in our school. Alas, Shareen only moved out for a week before coming back, coz she said our school is way coooool compared to her new one.
.
As for my lil bro who has moved on, when he was alive, he was loved by everyone in the neighbourhood. All the uncles and aunts whether they are Malay, Indian or Chinese know his name and would greet him. When he died, people from everywhere came to pay their last respect even though he's just a little boy. Prayers for him were performed three or four times before he was buried. He was really a very nice and cute little boy. His hobby was drawing and playing with his hot wheel cars. He also liked cycling, playing football and climbing trees.  
.
My dad's hobby is working I think. My mom's hobby after Hari Raya is sleeping. She says she wanted to dream of our little brother but he never comes anymore.
.
So, what's your hobby? Hope you have a good and productive one.
.
Cheers
Daniel Zaydi

.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment