Thursday 13 September 2012

Thursday the Friday Night

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,

Hi guys. How's your Thursday today? Did you pray Isya' Jamaah and recite the Yaasin just now? Well, to tell you the truth, I did not go to the musolla tonight coz a storm suddenly occurred and it was raining hard. However, my mom went despite the rain coz her sisters in Islam had reminded her to come.
.
My mom and my lil sis were busy today. Actually my lil sis is going to take part in a cooking competition for the "Vocational Week" in school tomorrow. So, my mom had to prepare all the ingredients for her dishes which must include an instant noodle (maybe the company sponsored the competition, I don't know). So, she's going to make "Popia Maggie One Malaysia" (Popia is spring roll), "Caesar Salad with 3 Tastes" and "Pasta Maggie a la Esempi" (Esempi is our school in short). I hope she nails it coz my mom had spent a lot to get all the ingredients. Maybe I can share with you her recipe later, right (if she wins the competition he he).
.
Tonight is the night of Friday in Islam. It's a very auspicious night because we believe that the souls of the dead are returned to their graves and they can even come home to visit their family. This evening is also when our guardian angels would go to  heaven to present all our deeds for the past week to God. I've worked very hard to polish my house today (my big sis and I didn't go to school today coz my dad had to fly to Istanbul in the morning, and my mom let us miss school). I hope that when my lil brother comes, he'll be very happy and pleased to see our house sparkling. Tomorrow is Friday, which is considered the celebration day for Muslims (Christians have it on Sunday and the Jews on Saturday I think). We'll have to be extra nice and clean tomorrow. It is sunnah (the Prophet's way) to cut our nails, trim our hair, brush our teeth, take a bath, wear perfume and beautiful clothes and go to the mosque to perform the Jumaat Prayer.It's a weekly gathering for Muslims.
.
Well, what else happen today??? Ah yes, my big sis planted two fruit trees in front of our house. Hope the trees will bear fruit soon. The house feels a bit lonely without my dad around. Hope he's having a good time in Turkey right now.
.
Well, I'm out of ideas on what to write. Good night. Maybe I'll continue tomorrow. Bye.
.
Have a lovely lovely life
Daniel Zaydi


.

No comments:

Post a Comment