Tuesday 18 September 2012

A Red Ferrari At Our Front Gate

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,

The other day, when my mom was getting ready to go out, a chilli red Ferrari suddenly stopped and parked at our front gate. We couldn't see who was driving coz the mirror was tinted dark. So, my mom told me to go and check it out.
.
It belongs to Uncle Daud but he was in the passenger seat. Uncle John was the one driving it. They were looking for my dad, not knowing that my dad has gone to Turkey. Maybe, they wanted to show dad their latest toy.
.
After they left, I asked my mom about the car. My mom said, these people don't need the car. because it is not practical as a means of transportation. They only have it because it's the status symbol, because even the rich have their own class. The lower class of the rich only have a Mercedez Benz or a BMW, my mom said. The middle class rich would have a Ferrari or a Lamborghini and the super rich would have an airplane, helicopter, yacht or even an ocean liner.
.
I guess that's why one of my dad's friends have a number of Mercedez Benz and his sons drive BMWs and his daughters have something else, but not a Ferrari. Maybe Uncle Daud has upgraded his richness scale, I don't know. Coz I know that he drove a Porsche Cayenne before.
.
My good friend Arief's uncle also has a Ferrari. However, Arief said, his grandma would not step into the car coz it made her back aches. She'd say " get that horrible thing that sounds like a noisy coffee factory out of my sight". (If only she knew how much it's worth).
.
Mirza's uncle also has a Ferrari. I don't know how they drive it in Malaysia coz we have so many bumps in the road. Well, as for us, my dad won't be able to have it even if he saves all his income for his entire life. Not that we need it anyway. However, I've seen some cool and beautiful cars coming out from the homes on the opposite hill to ours. These millionaires would drive sleek continental cars and all we can do is drool.
.
As for me, I'm loving my own two legs (coz that's all I can afford right now, and it's priceless compared to a Ferrari). Alhamdulillah (thank you God).
.
Happy happy days
Daniel Zaydi
.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment