Saturday 8 September 2012

Weekend In Syawal

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,

Malaysians I'm sure would understand the title of this post. It's because Syawal is celebrated for the whole month in my country. So, today being Saturday, my sisters, my father and I have loads of open houses invitations to attend to. My mom is automatically invited when my dad is. However, my mom is less active compared to us. Because my father is busy with MATTA Fair this weekend, so my lil sister and I went only to our friends' open houses. My lil sister went out with her friends since morning and only came back late at night. She went to 3 friends' houses and helped out by distributing food at the Masjid Batu 14 Open House.
.
I had to be driven by my mom to my friend, Putri's open house. On the way, my mom picked up another of my friend, Atikah. We went after the Isya' Prayer coz my mom specifically wanted me to perform the Isya' Jamaah with her at the musolla since my dad came back late tonight. So, we left at 9.30 to pick up Atikah and told my mom that we'd call her when the party is finished. However, a few minutes past eleven, my mom arrived at the front gate (we didn't call her because my friend's birthday cake had just arrived and the party had just begun).
.
In the car, when I told my mom that Putri is related to an Arab Prince or princess somewhere, all she said is "whatever". I knew then that she was furious.
.
Indeed, when we got back, my mom gave me and my lil sis a little lecture on how important it is to be back before midnight. and to my lil sis, who is a girl, because even though she's driven by our neighbour, she must not stay out until the sun has set.
.
My mom said, there are beings that we can't see but they can see us, and these beings love to attack little girls and young people because they always forget to remember Allah when they are with friends.
.
True enough, my lil sis could not sleep last night because she said whenever she wanted to fall asleep, she heard someone walking around her. My mom told her to take wuduk (of course she had taken her bath and performed her prayer before that) and recite the quran.
.
Alhamdulillah she could sleep after she had done that but my mom stayed up to watch over my lil sis in case she had a nightmare or something.
.
My mom called me and asked me this and that about my friend, Putri. Maybe she felt sorry for saying "whatever" in the car. I guess I am the one who should apologize to my mom, coz I've burdened her by asking her to drive us and to pick us up, not thinking about the late night. Maybe she's tired and needed to rest but we were only thinking about ourselves.
.
To all of you out there, there will be tents set up everywhere in front of so many houses this month to celebrate Hari Raya, Open houses, birthdays and anniversaries.However, always remember Allah wherever you are because the invisible beings can see you while you can't, and they might follow you back and become you tenant (who don't pay the rent) for the rest of your life.....(scary movie soundtrack in the background)....wooo.....woooo.....woooo.
.
Peace and be safe always
Daniel Zaydi

No comments:

Post a Comment