Monday 17 September 2012

An Accident

Assalamulaikum wbt and peace be upon you,

Hi guys. Sorry I didn't blog for a few days coz my mom took the modem. She was angry and practically yelled at us for being late for an appointment to see her little brother (our uncle) last Saturday. She was scolding us all the way from Puchong to Cheras, because we were half an hour late to dress up. You see, she can be very strict sometimes, especially when it involves her reputation. She really doesn't like when people say that she doesn't live up to her promise, so when we made her late, even though it's only her own brother, she was very very mad at us.
.
Luckily, she cooled down when we met our uncle. My big sis got to purchase a nice handbag, my lil sis got a pair of slippers after she complained that her feet hurt. I didn't get anything however. Then we went to my uncle's place and he treated us to dinner. We reached home at 11.30 p.m. that night.
.
Little did we know that something freaky happened near our house moments after we left. Our neighbour's son, Firdaus, who was a pillion rider on a motorbike had an head on collision with another neighbour who was driving his Camry. I guess they were on the way somewhere, maybe to MacDonalds because it's near my place, while this guy, who's a 16 year old school dropout, as usual, would ride fast with his friend, without helmet and with little consideration for others. 
.
Another neighbour came to our house on Sunday afternoon, while my mom was taking a nap. She told us what happened and asked my mom to perform the solat hajat (or wish prayers) for the boy. It seemed that the accident occurred at 6.30 p.m. and the ambulance only arrived at 8pm because there were so many accident cases (this is usual in Malaysia, especially on weekends and public holidays. I guess Malaysians are not scared of death). The police didn't allow anyone to touch the boy because his injuries were so severe, any mistakes in lifting him up would be fatal.However, his friend, Aqeem, who's Shareen's brother, held him in his arms until the ambulance arrived and went with him and his other friend, who was also injured, to the hospital until 3am. Firdaus's little bro is my mom's student who comes every night to learn the quran.Their friend, Hakimi, was discharged after treatment as the X-ray shows there's no internal injuries.
.
When my mom went with Aqeem to visit Firdaus at the ICU, he could barely opened his eyes. His arms, ankles, backbone, pelvic bone and his forehead are all broken. As of now, he's still in the ICU. However, he signaled my mom to hold his hand, which my mom did. He couldn't swallow the little drops of zamzam water that my mom gave him. No words were coming out of his mouth.My mom wiped his face, hands and feet with the zamzam water and prayed for his recovery. I didn't go to the hospital coz my mom didn't allow me, because she's afraid that I might be traumatized. My mom arranged for a du'a to be read for him at the musolla after the zuhr prayers and a solatul hajat after the Isya' prayers. All of us performed the solatul hajat, wishing Firdaus's operation to be successful and he'll get a second chance at life.
This photo was taken on the third day after he was warded (after the solatul hajat). When my mom went to see him (on the second day), the oxygen tube was inserted through his nose and there was also a big tube going into his mouth.

As for Aqeem, my mom took him to see an Imam for du'a after the visit, cause he was suffering from trauma (even though he was not involved in the accident). He complained about having pain all over his body, a severe headache, he couldn't sleep and his hands were trembling all the time. His family were all outstation so my mom let me slept over at Aqeem's place to accompany him that night.We had barbeque that night with some of his friends, but everyone was quiet and not in the mood, coz most of our neighbours had blamed them for being naughty and always mischievous. My mom didn't call Aqeem's mom coz she has high blood pressure and she might faint if she heard the news.However, I was told my mom gave Aqeem a long lecture in the car, a motherly advice I guess for the mistakes that he and his friends had done, and to take this accident as a lesson. This evening, Aqeem came to wash the blood on the road and my mom swept all the litter and burnt them.
.
When Aqeem's family came home today, my mom went to visit them. Aqeem had recovered from the trauma and had already told his mom about the accident, but he was afraid to tell his dad. My mom said, his mom was very ashamed with all the neighbours, because his son was part of the group of naughty boys and all the neighbours were angry at his son right now.
.
Aqeem also came to our house before going to the musolla tonight. He talked to my mom, and my mom advised him to always pray at the musolla, as a way to show repentance and to clear his reputation and his family's good name which has been tarnished . Hopefully, the neighbours would forgive him and his friends soon. I dread to think what will happen to Aqeem when his dad got to know about this.
.

What I'd like to share with you is the power of du'a (verbal prayer) and solatul hajat. You see, when Aqeem went to visit Firdaus today, he could already shout Aqeem's name, and raised his arm to wave at him. It seems that his recovery is very fast, considering his injuries( I mean, within 24 hours!). My mom told us that Prophet Muhammad saw said, "The du'a is the weapon of the Muslims". And, once again, God has proven it to be true. I hope Firdaus will be out of the hospital soon and he has learnt his lesson not to "merempit" again.
.

Peace
Daniel Zaydi

No comments:

Post a Comment