Wednesday 27 June 2012

Tok Ayah and Tok: Celebrating 46 years of marital bliss Part Une

Assalamualaikum wbt and happy day guys,

Hari ni aku nak citer pasal Tok and Tok Ayah aku. Yes, I'm going to talk about my grandma and grandpa (this one is not grandma Audrey, this is grandma Penang).

Cube tengok gambar klasik hitam putih they all masa mentah dulu. Ala, sweet innocent nye

When she was still single.



My grandma when she was an innocent young lady. I don't know why people those days like to pose in a certain style and in the bushes. lawak la. Still, she's sooooo sweet. She was wearing a short sleeved cotton blouse and a batik sarong coz she lived in the kampong (village). Don't u think she looks like Saadiah, the famous Malay Primadona?

P.s: 2/7/2012 Aku baru balik dr. Penang, so dapat additional info and kena rectify info kat atas. Sebenarnya, Tok aku bukan tangkap gambar kat kampung. This photo was taken at the backyard of a double-story bungalow in Jalan Pegawai, Alor Setar. The bungalow belongs to former Prime Minister, Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohammad. The place was rented out to students of Tarbiah Islamiah, Alor Setar where my tok went to study. This picture was taken when my tok went to visit her friends who stayed there. My tok is an orphan, so she did not have the means to rent a place. She had to stay with her Wa @ Pak Long @ Eldest Uncle, Syeikh Yusof, who was an Imam. To find out more about Syeikh Yusof, click here at Syeikh Yusof .



 



















Photos of the late Seniwati Saadiah, taken from Google Images. See, SHE looked like my grandma (not the other way around ok!).  Anyway, Al-Fatihah to Saadiah, a very talented and beautiful actress of her time indeed.



My Grandma is on the left, with her friend from the same village where they hailed in Kedah. They look serene and mature beyond their age...

After she got married .....



After she's married. That's her eldest son, my Pak Long as a toddler. She's moved into the city. See how her fashion sense changed. Now, more sexy la!


With her third child, Zeti Akhtar (her name is inspired from Malaysia's Central Bank Governor, Zeti Akhtar Aziz). Our kind Mak Iti now stays with my grandparents in Penang.My grandma was stylish and still maintained her figure....

TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment