Wednesday 27 June 2012

On Thanksgiving, Yaasin Recitation and Well Wish "Kenduri"

Assalamulaikum wbt. <3


I'd like to share some good news with you guys. My big sister, Anis and Dida have emerged top in their classes during the recent exams. Wow, my parents are soooo proud that my mum said, she'll throw a Kesyukuran and Doa Selamat Kenduri (I dont know the exact translation, maybe "A Thanksgiving and Well Wish Party?") soon. Whenever we have this Kenduri, we will invite neighbours to come to our house.
Usually about 70 - 80 people will come. There will be Yaasin recitation and doa. There will be more men than the womenfolk, and many children.

The Kenduri is usually held at around 9.30pm (basically after the Isya' prayers). My mom would order food, and the neighbours would also potluck. The children will have a good time, coz they get to play outdoors at night.

 There will be sweets for the kids, and nuts for the adults to munch later on, after the formalities are over. There will be small talks and an informal community meeting will be held. My friends like Atiqah and Shahira who live nearby would come as well.






The above pix were taken during the recent Kenduri held prior to my parents' departure for the Holy cities of Mekah and Madinah. Me and fellow SMKPian, Shareen (the mouth in the foreground) who came early to help mom with the preparation. My little sister, Dida being the photographer, she only took what interested her. Obviously there's no photo of the actual event. However, from this photo, you can see that the event is held at night. I'm wearing a Baju Melayu or Malay Attire, which is usually colourful and comfortable. Dida is wearing a Baju Kurung (Caged Attire?), another Malay Costume which covers the wearer from neck to toe while little Amin, (Shareen's baby bro) is wearing a Baju Melayu. See, I told u, kids love the rare freedom of playing outside at night.


That's all for now. I don't have many pretty pictures to share. Maybe next time. Until then, have a beautiful, wonderful, blissful life. 


Daniel Zaydi.






No comments:

Post a Comment