Thursday 3 January 2013

Happy New Year Everyone :)

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Happy New Year! Happy New Year! Happy Happy Happy New Year Everyone :)
.
How's your new year? How did you celebrate it? So, what's your goal for this year?
.
As for me, I've already had my new Islamic Year resolution which I shared with you, and thank God, I'm making progress. I've complaint less, I'm more determined to work hard this year and appreciate all that God has given me to the fullest. So far, since I wrote about "heaven in my heart", I've not become stressful or angry with anyone.
.
I've started my Form 3 a couple of days ago. have to wake up early to go to school with big sis. Every single thing has to be prepared at night like doing my homework, iron my clothes and read for tomorrow's classes. I come home at 2 p.m every day and it is really much more better than afternoon school because I've more time to relax in the evening. I don't watch so much TV since I go to morning school. Just don't have the appetite. this is the time when we have to pay so many school fees. Luckily the government is giving each school student RM100 to pay the school fees. So, there's less burden on my dad for the three of us.
.
I don't buy new exercise books. Actually it's compulsory to get new books for the new term but my mom said I should just continue with my last year's books since a lot of them still have many blank pages. It's also good for me to make reference to last year's studies. My lil sis's teacher however didn't allow her to do it. But my mom being my mom, she wouldn't take no for an answer. Coz she said it's a waste. So my lil sis had to cover her books with brown paper and tear off last year's pages.
.
Year End Getaway Update

I want to share with you about our year end getaway coz I think many of you out there must be wondering how it turned out. Actually, it didn't exactly turn out as planned. We skipped staying in Kuantan coz we found that there's nothing much there. Teluk Cempedak was crowded coz of the coming Xmas hol. So dad drove to Cherating. But we couldn't get a room coz all was fully booked. Then we moved on to Awana Kijal. Still no luck, until we reached Dungun at 12 midnight. We tried the Mayang Sari International Resort at Teluk Lipat (Lipat Bay). We were told it was also full house, but when we were about to leave, the guard told us there's a cancelled booking so we got a small room to sleep for the night at RM90. It had started raining hard already (meaning that the monsoon season had started. The sea was tumultuous and the wind was wailing).
.
The next day my dad decided not to have breakfast in the hotel even though we received two complimentary breakfast. So we headed for the beach where traditional breakfast was sold by the roadside. We had nasi kerabu and keropok lekor of course and the rain never stopped. At 12 afternoon, we moved on to Kuala Terengganu. Right after we left Dungun, we heard on the news that it had flooded there. We stayed in Kuala Terengganu for 2 days 1 night. My dad paid the hotel for 2 nights but my mom couldn't wait to get out of there because of the heavy rain. We stayed in a hotel in Seberang Takir and our room is the nearest to the sea. The wind was so hard that it pounded on our door as if someone kept knocking it. We didn't even do any shopping coz of the weather. We went to the museum and visited my dad's friend.
.
My dad took the middle road to Kelantan and we got stuck in Bandar Permaisuri, Setiu at 6 pm. The flood water had crossed the street making us stuck in the middle. We checked out the flood evacuation centre but there's not enough facility for flood victims, all the hotels were occupied so we ended up sleeping in the car. My dad slept in the bus station while my mom called the the police station every single hour to get updates on whether the flood water had receded or not.At 4.30 a.m my mom woke up my dad to perform solatul hajat and solatul tahajud to pray that the flood would recede so we could move on. Thank God, after the Fajar prayer, the military allowed us to move on and we continued our journey to Kota Bharu.(and the rain had stopped).
.
We reached KB in the morning and everything was still closed so we had breakfast with dad's friend and moved on to Machang where my dad visited his other friends. At 3 pm we journeyed to the East West Highway where I took picture at the highest point of the Titiwangsa Range.
.
We reached my grandparents' house in Penang at almost midnight. The next day we spent hours in Penang Island, eating and browsing the night market. That's where I spent the allowance that my mom gave me. I think Penang still has the best attraction when it comes to holidays. We stayed for a couple of days and visited my lil bro's grave. Then we travelled to Sri Majung in Perak to spend 2 days at my dad's cousin's place. We picnic by the beach and swam in the sea at Teluk Batik. At night we rode tandem bikes by the sea together with our second cousin and we also went shopping at the big Aeon Mall which had just opened there. That's our final destination before heading home and the end of our year end holidays for 2012.
 .
Peace
Daniel Zaydi
.
 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment