Thursday 10 January 2013

First Week of 2013

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Hi everyone.How's your first week of 2013 so far? Mine has been fab. I managed to wake up early no matter how late I went to sleep every night. Today my big sis missed the school van. Dad had to send her to school. We have been coming home late lately due to extracurricular activities and additional classes held by our teachers specially for exam year students like my big sis and I. Being a prefect is also taking a lot of my time. I've only like 5 minutes for recess. Morning classes are quite hectic compared to evening classes which are more laid back. So every day I go home feeling totally exhausted.
.
My big sis got elected as head of her class again this year. Both my big sis and lil sis are smart. They didn't want to become prefects coz they know how exhausted it is. We have to stand for an hour during gathering and leave class early to do our duties, I do feel like I want to quit sometimes, but since my parents have bought me the uniform, I feel kinda guilty to quit.
.
As I'm now in morning session, I'm no longer the President of the Art Society coz all the important positions are held by seniors. My big and lil sis are so busy with their new or existing positions as President, Vice President, Secretary and whatnot. I DON'T HAVE any positions this year haha (don't tell my mom!!!) coz I've learnt my lessons. I was so busy with various positions last year, most of it did not interest me at all actually (coz I was elected, it wasn't voluntary you see), that this year I've made sure that I'm not elected at all. What's my strategy? Simple. Keep quiet. I've been keeping quiet in classes and I sit next to no one. Everyone says I've changed. Maybe I have. Maybe I've just grown up.
.
Tonight was Yaasin recitation night at our musolla. I recited the Yaasin for my late brother. Hope he'll rest in peace in the Barzah. We (the jumaah) also prayed solatul hajat for my mom who has been ill for a few weeks. Alhamdulillah my mom is slowly recovering. However, she is still unable to teach the children the Quran. Maybe by next week, everything will go back to normal.
.
Since my mom has partly recovered from her illness, she has been busy tidying up our small garden today which was left unattended since she was ill. I helped her to cut the bamboo tree, and other trees which I don't know their names. Our house looks much more airy and light now I just love the feeling. (it's the same feeling when we first moved into this house, when there's nothing planted in the ground yet).
.
Actually I don't know why, but all my neighbours in our street have been pruning their gardens. They even called up MPSJ to cut off the tall trees like the looming pine trees and whatnot. So the whole street seems different now (it looks trim and neat like a fresh new haircut).
.
I guess I don't have much to tell you. So that's all for now. Hoping that this week's momentum will continue.
.
Love and peace
Daniel Zaydi 

No comments:

Post a Comment