Thursday 24 January 2013

Today Is Maulidur Rasul

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Today is a public holiday because it's the birthday of our beloved Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. My sisters joined the procession to celebrate this remarkable day this morning. They gave salawat to Prophet Muhammad s.a.w all the way to the mosque. I, on the other hand, had decided to stay home to accompany my mom because she was alone at home. So today, I helped her clean her car, mop the floor and tidy up the deck. My dad is in Turkey now. I hope he is having a good time there. I'm sure he also made salawat with his jamaah in the bus all the way to Pammukale as my mom had texted him to remind of this auspicious day. 
.
This evening my mom and I went to the musolla to recite the Suratul Yaasin and to make dua for our neighbour who is leaving with his family to the United Kingdom to do his Phd. We all prayed that he is going to succeed in his studies and he and his family will be protected by Allah and Allah will safegurd their Iman while they are in a foreign land. This neighbour lives 2 doors away from our house. They will leave this Saturday. They however, couldn't attend the prayer at the musolla because they were so busy arranging for their departure. They had asked my mom to invite people on their behalf to attend the prayer and dua.So, even though it was raining hard, my mom and I had to brave the heavy rain with umbrellas in our hands.
.
When we came home, all of us watched the TV al-Hijrah which has the best programmes about Maulidur Rasul. I particularly like the teaching of Imam Webb from UIAM. I wonder how a person like him, who is not born a Muslim, can become very knowledgeable about this religion in such a short period of time. I feel so jealous of him, because I'm not only born a Muslim but I also live in an Islamic country, I went to Islamic school for 6 years, but I don't really know anything about Islam except on what my daily practice is.There is still so much to learn and to understand, that it terrifies me. I pray that Allah will guide me all the way on the right path, ameen.
.
Tomorrow we will celebrate Maulidur Rasul at our school. We don't have to wear uniform yeay!. My lil sis and her friends will perform the nasyid and she is the lead singer.They will wear my mom's garments for the performance. Maybe big sis will recite the Quran for the occasion (as usual!) I'll just wear my green Baju Melayu (we guys are not fussy on what to wear!). Can't wait to see tomorrow's fashion show (all the girls must be freakin mad right now. I know coz both my sisters have been trying on their clothes in front of the mirror for ages, trying to look their best for tomorrow :p).
.
hokay, that's all for now.
.
Peace
Daniel Zaydi

No comments:

Post a Comment