Monday 19 November 2012

Ten Simple Living Tips

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
I'd like to continue on my family's simple living lifestyle.
.
We don't have:
.
1. Dryer. We live in a tropical country so I don't understand why some Malaysians have dryers. It's expensive, eats up your electricity like nobody's business and my mom said, emits radiation which is harmful to your health. (and mom said it destroys clothes too).
.
2.Microwave oven.Also emits radiation and most people only use it to thaw food.
.
3. Dad has stopped subscribing to National Geographic magazines and whatnot. Coz we can watch the documentaries on TV and get info on the internet.
.
4. Make-ups. Mom goes out without make-up. Only my big sis wears makeup.
.
5. Hair dresser. Only my dad and I go to the barbers. My mom and sisters cut their own hair. and my dad plans to get a set of hair cutting equipment to save on trips going to the barber.
.
6. Drink more plain water than other drinks. You'll save on electricity, teabags, sugar, and it'll improve your health.
.
7. Get rid of the maids. We don't have maids anymore so we save on paying them. They'd used more electricity, water, and food in your home too. And most of them are a burden rather than an asset.
.
8. Dishwasher. Just wash your own dish after you have eaten. My dad really hates people who don't wash their own plates and mugs.My mom washes the kitchen stuff while cooking. So, by the time she finishes cooking, her kitchen will also look as clean as before she did the cooking.
.
9. We wear house gowns. Malaysians usually wear house gowns like the baju kelawar (caftan) at home, so we save on the number of clothes to wash.
.
10.Plant your herbs. My mom and big sis plant herbs to be used when cooking, so we save on having to buy them.
.
That's all for now.
.
Peace
Daniel Zaydi

No comments:

Post a Comment