Tuesday 13 November 2012

On Deepavali and Wedding

Asalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,

Today is Deepavali or the Festival of Lights for the Hindu worshippers. So, it's a national holiday and many people have gone back to their kampungs (hometowns) for the long holiday breaks. There's nothing much going here at my place except for the occasional sounds of fireworks blasting our eardrums.
.
Today I went to a wedding in Shah Alam. My dad's client's son was married. My family when with all of them during a family trip to the National Park last year. Dad's client is a rich man. He lives next to the Sultan of Selangor's palace.
.
Anyways, I'm not really into weddings but we have to go when invited. My mom didn't go however coz she doesn't feel well. The cold triggers her asthma again. Mom has been getting this asthma attacks after my baby brother died. The doctor said it's stress related. Actually she develops not only asthma, but also high blood pressure, diabetes and gastric. However, after she learnt that she's got all those problems, she cuts back on our salt intake and now her blood pressure level is back to normal. She also took traditional herbs to cure the diabetes and it works. The gastric and asthma come and go. Sometimes her stomach would become bloated like she's 8 months pregnant. The weird thing is, she does not feel any pain.
.
My mom said, maybe she had already developed all the problems even before baby brother died. That's why she was always very very tired. However, because she was only concerned about my brother, she did not go for a check-up on herself, and she has been regretting it ever since coz she feels that she did not take care of baby bro the best she could due to her tiredness.
.
Why did I tell you all these? Coz today (13/11/2012) is my baby bro's birthday and I think that's the main reason why my mom didn't want to go to the wedding, and that's also the reason why she's got her asthma attack today, coz she has been thinking about baby bro a lot.
.
Happy living
.
Peace
Daniel Zaydi 


No comments:

Post a Comment