Thursday 15 November 2012

Happy New Year to All Muslims

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Today is the first day of the Muslim's new year . I hope God forgives all my previous sins and next year we will all have a better year. I'm really looking forward to this new year.
.
Do you have a new year resolution? I'm still trying to figure out mine. A month from now I'll be in Form 3. I do hope that it'll be fun. But to be honest, it's exam year so I don't think I'll have the time to lepak. Not that my parents really urge me to study. They don't want me to have a stressful life. But I want to give them something, to show them my appreciation, and I guess it's by studying hard.
.
My big sis is one of the best students in school. I hope I'll get the same results too. My lil' sis is lucky coz when she's in Form 3, there's no more PMR. She can breeze thru her school years until Form 5 when we all have our SPM.
.
Next year, I'll go to school in the morning with my big sis. My big sis will sit for her SPM, then off she goes to university or get married, whichever comes first. My lil sis still goes to school in the afternoon. Haha, she'll be left alone to ride the school van. No more story telling to my mom hehe.
.
Next week, we will have to attend the quran memorization class for a month. God, why can't we have the time to relax?
.
Well, I've been reading up the popular "Solusi" magazine and I think I'll have this new year resolution (which I'll explain below):
.
One of the articles in the mazagine is " There's Heaven In My Heart". In this article, it says, one of the most renown Islamic scholars, Ibn Taimiyah said, "There's a heaven in this world. Those who didn't enter it in this world, will not enter it in the hereafter". He also said" My heaven is in my heart, wherever I go, it goes with me".
.
Now, for your info, Ibn Taimiyah was extremely poor. He was also imprisoned several times and at last he died in a prison in Damsyik.(Damascus). However, another scholar, Ibn al-Qayim said" I've never seen anyone more blessed than him. Even though he was imprisoned several times, he was assaulted and tortured, the signs of happiness are clearly shown on his face".
.
How did he achieve this heaven in his heart? According to the article:
.
1. He never blamed anyone else or the circumstances/ situations for what happened to him.
2. The difficulties in life were not something which blocked his undertakings.
3. He did not turn away from Allah's reminders. Allah says in the Quran " Whoever turns away from My reminders, he will have a narrow? life". (This will make one feels like he's living in a small enclosed area even though this world is so vast, thus he will suffer mental illnesses like depression, skizofrenia, madness and will finally commit suicide).
4. Why did this narrow and enclosed feeling arise? It's because he wants something that's against Allah's will. And he becomes angry if he doesn't achieve what he wants, when the fact is, Allah is the Planner and the Executor in this world. We are just the humble servants of God.
So how must we behave?
5. We must behave in accordance of Allah's will (by following the Quran coz Allah has stated everything on what can be done and what we cannot do).
6. If what you plan does not happen, then just accept it and move on.
.
I think this resolution is quite easy to follow once I've broken it down to the above list, don't you think. So, That will be my New Year Resolution:- to have " a heaven in my heart".
.
Wish you all have heavens in your hearts too.
.
Peace
Daniel Zaydi

No comments:

Post a Comment