Sunday 7 October 2012

Simple Living Part 2

Assalamualaikum and peace be upon you,

Hi guys. Actually I've written this post sometime before but I saved it in draft coz I think it's too long. However, I think I should continue on this post coz I saw many pageviews on this.

1. As you already know, we got a hand phone t coz it's considered a neccessity now. So, i guess to live a simple life, you have to consider what is necessary and what is a luxury based on the situation and it can change from time to time.
.
Recently, my dad's friend, Uncle Yeop came to visit. Uncle Yeop was a successful Account Manager for a big IT company but he has lost his job. Now, he is trying to start back from scratch. He came to our house to make a demonstration on a vacuum cleaner from Germany called Roboclean.

He came to my room and sucked up all the dust mites (hama le tu) from the mattress and my selimut (lupa la bahasa Inggeris nye, apa tah). Next, he vacuumed the carpet in our family area upstairs. When my mom saw how bad the dust is (coz the dust is sucked into 2 litres of water, that's how we can see how bad our house is), my mom stated out loud that the carpet is going out of the window.

Today when I came home from school, the carpet has vanished. For your info, the carpet is very nice coz my mom bought it in Nepal.Now we have only one carpet that is the one in the prayer room (it's a soft carpet that can be washed in the washing machine).

.
Back to Uncle Yeop, the vacuum cleaner that he wanted to sell cost RM10,050 (about USD 3,500). Mom didn't want it because of the price. Actually, our dad had accidently destroyed our vacuum cleaner recently when he took it on Uncle Michael's van and forgot to put the wire in. When he moved the van, the vacuum was dragged out of the van and smashed on the road. 
.
2.Now, because we have no vacuum cleaner and Uncle Yeop's mission to show how bad our home is with dust is accomplished, we are left with less carpet, and a simpler living is achieved. (Thanx Uncle Yeop).
.
3. With less vacuuming, we have to do more mopping and wiping.
.
4. About my room, because my mom saw the dust (mites) that Uncle Yeop sucked into his vacuum, now mom washes our mattress and everything else once a week and let it dry in the sun. (Mom said it's lucky that we use thin mattress that can go into the washing machine).  
.
5. Oh, for those who read my post on "It's a Family Day Out", I told you that my sisters and I planned to skip school right. True enough, my big sis didn't go to school but my lil sis and I dare not. But mom was quite angry that day (after coming home from the airport and paying the bills) because we messed up the house and left the lighting on and water running that she shouted at us from the top of her lungs. I think she's actually angry with big sis for skipping school.
.
6. When I went to get my hair cut recently, mom told me to cut it really really short (like crew cut) to save our budget (the shorter it is, the more time it takes to grow longer, and we use less money for hair cut).Now I use a songkok (traditional hat) to school to cover my head and i think I look better he he.
.
Have a beautiful life
Daniel Zaydi
.


No comments:

Post a Comment