Sunday 30 June 2013

Another Batch To The Orphanage

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Hi. Today I went to an orphanage with my mom to sent a batch of clothes. It's a car load of clothes from my household and my neighbour's. It's my mom's effort to do more declutter in our home but to tell you the truth, I don't see much progress as of now. Coz when she sent all those clothes, more keeps coming out, especially from the storage.
.
I think my mom really has a long long way to go before she can achieve something like the zero waste home.It's a struggle coz my mom and dad both go the opposite directions when it involves stuff. Like my dad, he likes to collect. You wouldn't even believe what he collects, which include a dead snake, a mountain goat's horns, all sorts of weapons, tools, coins, foreign currencies, books, maps, posters, magazines, adventure stuff like sleeping bags, tents, high altitude mountain gear, his snorkeling sets, bicycles and its stuff, pins, cds and dvds, model aeroplanes, glasses and cups, Hard Rock Cafe stuff, Coca Cola stuff etc and the list would go on and on. However, my mom has managed to get rid of some of them after baby bro died.But we are still sooo far behind compared to other simple living advocates.
.
After donating the stuff at the orphanage, we went to another orphanage that operates a nursery. My mom bought 10 bags of soil for my big sis's secret garden. We counted about 20 herbs already springing to life in big sis's garden. My mom always praises my big sis coz she says big sis always makes her presence beneficial to others and to the place that she's staying.
.
Then we went to the charity bin to unload stuff like drawing kits, canvas shoes etc.My mom had donated all the paper stuff to be recycled to a needy neighbour. He's an Indian guy who is also an alcoholic. Because of his habit, he has no permanent job and collects garbage to be recycled. People don't like him but he's nice to my mom. Even though he's an Indian, he would be concerned if he didn't see my mom at the musolla for some time. He's broken a toe and is limping and makes it worse for him to ride his bike. I think if he's a Muslim my mom would go to great lengths to get alms for him so that he can have a decent living.
.
Honestly, I don't know what's my mom's motive for getting rid of most of the stuff in our house. Sometimes I think my mom was too much. For example, she has nothing left in her bedroom except the mattress on the floor and a small fan. When she wakes up, she'll roll the mattress and that's it. I mean, it's really really different from before baby bro died.  I think my mom should think about my dad's feeling too when she decides to get rid of things. Maybe my dad is not comfortable with my mom's decision. I don't think my dad is happy.
.
Recently my mom rearranged the TV and put in in the dining area. It makes all of us difficult to watch TV. If before we could lie down comfortably and dad could sit in his lazy chair, now we have to sit on the dining chair just to watch TV. Dad didn't like the idea but my mom simply did not listen to my dad.
.
I guess I shouldn't be telling you this but then again, this is life. And in life, something like this happens. My mom told me she's only a traveller in this world, so she likes to travel light and her final destination is death. I think my mom is too pessimistic. My dad, on the other hand, likes to enjoy life. I think I'm more like my dad even though I support my mom. My mom is too different to be normal.
.
Love and peace
Daniel Zaydi 

  
.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment