Thursday 6 June 2013

Almost The End Of The School Hols

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Hi, it's almost the end of the mid term school hols. What have you guys been doing? Me, nothing much. Went out with a bunch of friends who came back from their boarding schools. We went to IOI, watched a movie and had lunch together. Then went to Amira's house the next day to give her birthday present (my mom bought her a set of three brooches made from fresh water pearls which can also be converted into a locket. Hope she likes it :).
.
Other than that, I just followed my parents to their friends' daughters' weddings, went to Kenanga Wholesale City to buy Raya clothes for my sisters, went to the airport with Akeem, Shareen and Omel when my parents did their airport duty, had dinner at Hj Sharin Low's restaurant when we celebrated my big sis's birthday, watch a lot of TV, sleep a lot, study a bit, eat a lot, and stuff like that.
.
My dad's birthday is just around the corner. I don't know what to get him yet. Maybe we'll go out to another Chinese restaurant this time coz we've spotted one called al-Sinni in Bangi. My mom most probably would buy my dad some clothes and that's about it I think. I planned to buy a cake from Secret Recipe but when my mom took Shareen and Omel to Secret Recipe the other day coz the girls wanted to buy one for their parents' surprised wedding anniversary party, the cheapest cake cost RM82. I think it's too steep for me. 
.
So, have you bought your Raya clothes? I told my mom that I wanted to go out on my own this time to buy mine. I've planned with Arief to go to H&M but I don't know when it's gonna happen coz the weekend is coming and he's been quiet. My dad has planned to go back to Muar this weekend. Maybe my hope will be dashed. My dad plans to renovate the kampung house that my grandpa left for him. It's in a sorry state coz no one is living there. My dad wants to make it smaller just to fit the five of us. And voila, we'll have a place to stay during Raya.
.
Today is Isra' and Mi'raj day (27th  Rejab). My parents are fasting. I don't. I hope when I get older I'll be able to perform my ibadah better. Well, actually I just don't know what to write anymore hehe. My mom says my lil bro has been coming into her dreams everyday lately. Maybe coz my mom misses him. My mom has been down after her last job at the airport coz she raised her voice at a customer.She told us she just could not control her anger when the customers were arrogant, demanding, selfish, and like to blame others and wasted 2 hours of her time just to meet their demands. I guess my mom is just not cut to deal with customers. I mean, she was trained as a lawyer, then she worked as a journalist. Even though she has a master's degree in Corporate Communication, I don't think she'll ever be a good PR person. Maybe a good lawyer or journalist, but never a good PR. She's always so strict about timing, discipline, work ethics, system bla bla bla, even my dad warns his staff that it's hard to work with my mom. I mean, I've seen my mom scolding my dad's staff for being five minutes late coz my mom is always ten minutes early. My mom is feared and respected, but never loved.

The other day, when she found out that someone talked bad about her behind her back, she even called the person to confront him. She said, she hates someone who is a coward. If he wants to talk about her, say it in front of her face. I mean, it became an issue in our house and at the office becoz of this guy's attitude. and my mom being my mom, she simply called him up, asked him whether it's true what he said, and gave him a piece of her mind. That guy was coached by mom. Basically my mom was his sifu, but he was never thankful.(When he wanted the job as a freelance, he sobbed and cried and begged my mom to let him try it out). He got tremendous opportunities in such a short period of time due to my mom's recommendation but when he feels that he's good, he went to the office and say stupid stuff like my mom is just trying to show that she's pious when the fact is she's a bad person, she's humiliating the company by wearing the niqab, she did not perform her duty well, she was late, she went to work taking her child with her (when the fact is my mom took my big sis to train her for the job) etc, not knowing that the people at the office would tell my mom what he said. And that's some of the reasons why my mom has been down lately becoz she hates to deal with these hypocrites and I guess when my mom is down, my lil bro will come into her dreams to comfort her (maybe).
.
Well, that's the end of today's thoughts. I really really don't know what to write anymore. I hope you have a blast with your hols. I want to go eat now. My mom cooks chicken curry and delicious kacang botor in sambal. Cu when I c u.
.
Love and peace
Daniel Zaydi

No comments:

Post a Comment