Monday 3 June 2013

Making Savings A Lifestyle

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Sorry for not updating my blog for quite some time. Tonight I think I'm going to write about the savings issue. I believe we humans should always strive to save. Coz our prophet had always taught us to save, save, save, be it with water, our time, our possessions, even when we speak we should save on our words.
.
So, I'd like to suggest some ways to save:
.
1. Make your own liquid fertilizer. The traditional Malays would save all the water from washing and rinsing food like rice, fish, meat, vege and recycled it for watering the plants. Try it and watch your plants grow healthier. And you'll save more water and pay less water bill. We have a pail next to the sink in my home. When we wash the rice etc, the rinse water goes into the pail, and then it's used to water the plant in my big sis's little secret garden at the back of our house.
.
2. Save your income generously. Maybe you don't have any debt but it would mean nothing if you don't save either. So start saving your income and save generously. Not just 10 percent or 20 percent. Make it a point to save about 50 percent and just live within the remaining balance. That's what I'm doing with my allowance. I wanted to buy a magazine which has just come out. My mom said I could buy it if I use my own alllowance. Uh uh, coz it'll cost about 2/3 of my weekly allowance. I won't lie to you but I actually have successfully saved a lot since I make it a point to save generously.
.
3. Give thoughtful but practical gift. My cousin Ayel's birthday arrived a week ago, we sent him the password numbers of a RM10 prepaid phone topup. it's a thoughful gift and it's affordable too. And it's from my mom's purse so we save some more haha.
.
4.  Go lepak (hang out) in a mosque. All of us would like to have a place to hang out. I found out that the best place to relax and save is in the mosque. It's so tranquil and peaceful, you can pray or just relax and think, or sit in a  quiet corner and read or just doze off for a while to recharge. Most mosques provide free food and drinks too at certain times, and since you are not allowed to talk about worldly matters in the mosque, you'll save your energy from all the negative aura and bad vibes. You can even shower or clean yourself becoz all the facilities are provided for free. Even all the lectures and classes are free or mostly free, so you gain knowledge for free. What else would you ask for?
.
5. Do a lot of stuff during one outing. When we go out, my parents will make it a point to also include other activities which coincides with the outing's route. Like, when we go out for a wedding invitation in KL, then we'll go to get my sisters Raya clothes coz we are taking the same route home. So, like last week, we went to two wedding receptions ie in Cheras and Malawati, on the way home, we went to Kenanga Wholesale City, coz we haven't been there and we need to shop for Raya clothes. My sisters got a few clothes at RM20 and Rm35 each and I think it's a bargain. And we save on petrol and time coz we plan our outings to do several things when we go out. Like my mom, when she goes to the airport, she'll go to the Tabung Haji and Mydin in Putrajaya on the way back coz the places are on the same route. Do you understand what I mean? I hope so.
.
Hokay, that's all for now.
.
Love and peace
Daniel Zaydi
.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment