Tuesday 9 April 2013

On Rains and Rainy Night

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Tonight is rainy night. It's not just any rain, it's raining sooo hard that my lil sis became frightened. Then the lightning bolt hit our house and it went pitch black. My mom was eating at that time while my lil sis was reading the quran. My lil sis jumped on me like a wild horse when the lightning struck coz she was so afraid of the dark and also coz she was scared of the lightning. My big sis was upstairs but she was as cool as a cucumber, just like my mom. My mom finally turned on the electricity again.
.
Then she sat down with us and told us that's what will happen on our first night in the grave. The Mungkar and Nangkir angels who are assigned to interrogate every soul will come like a strike of lightning with a deafening booming sound, in the pitch black grave. My mom said all souls will experience it, including our lil baby bro. At first, after we are buried, the soil will embrace our souls like a mother's womb embracing her unborn baby until our rib cages crack, that it hurts so much. Then, the angels will come. The angels will ask us with their thundering voices, who or what is our God, and who is the messenger of God. The dead soul cannot lie at this point of time. Some will say that their God is money, some will say women, some will say fame or fortune, or whatnot. Only the believers can actually say that their God is Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of God. The angels will continue asking and torturing the souls if they give the wrong answer. I feel so sad thinking about baby bro in the grave right now. I hope God will be gentle with him coz he's just a little boy. Some people say my mom doesn't have to worry coz baby bro has no sin yet, but my mom said only God knows what happen to baby bro. We humans don't. That's why we have to always pray for little baby bro. 
.
It's still raining now albeit a little less. My dad who rides on his motorbike to work had to come home with his friend (tumpang kete kawan die le. susahnya nak tulih omputih nih) because the rain was sooo heavy just now. Don't you think it's ironic, coz the rain was like torture when it was heavy, but now it's like music to my ears when it's less severe. 
.
Talking about the rain, my mom said, Mekah experienced iced rain after the Jumaah prayer when she was there. One of her group members even took pix of the rain drops which were actually little pebble-like iced. My mom said, it was a blessed rain. However, my mom was ill at that time so she could not go to the Jumaah prayer and had to stay in the hotel. But when she had recovered, and was on the way to the mosque for Asr prayer, the rain came pouring down and it was so icy cold that my mom got the fever again when she reached the mosque. She said, the fever made her body ached soo bad that she cried like a little child in the Masjidil Haram.
.
I wonder if it is also raining in your part of the world. Is it scary or nice? Does it bring back memory of loved ones long gone, or has any meaning whatsoever to you????
.
Love and peace
Daniel Zaydi
p.s. My dad has told me to wake up super early tomorrow and go for a jog coz the weather would be super nice, the air foggy and clean and good for our lungs.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment