Friday 5 April 2013

Back From the Hols

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
I've decided to write a bit about our holiday activities. As y'll know, we were sent to Muar to stay with my dad's cousins during my parents' trip to Mekah. So, we had to spend a couple of nights at Mak Nojah's place, then at Uncle Budin's bungalow, then Uncle Nazri's cute little place and finally back at Mak Nojah's traditional abode.
.
Uncle Nazri and Uncle Ajak even treated us to an excursion in Malacca where we spent sometime at the A Famosa Resort and later sightseeing at the Malacca historical town. We went to the Chinatown, Casa Del Rio Hotel and also checked out the fancy trishaws there.
.
The weather in Muar was extremely warm during our stay that sometimes Uncle Nazri had to spray water on the tin roof, and pimples came out on my face like nobody's business. Well, maybe it's due to the hot and humid weather, but maybe also coz I've been staying up late having tea with my second cousins up to 2am, at the nearby food stall. Sometimes, Mak Nojah and her family would take us out to Beijing Cafe where it's open until the wee hours of the morning. But my sisters don't really fancy going there coz there's a lot of Mat Rempit (motorcycle guys) lepaking.
.
Finally my parents arrived from Kuwait on April 1st. They got stranded in Kuwait becoz of the flight's  technical problems so we went late to the airport to see them come home. We went by the van which Uncle Zahid had paid to pick them up. My parents however kept their car at my dad's friend parking lot near the airport.My mom has been having her fever and cold since and she's just recovering. She said, there were so many people there that it's almost like Haj time. My dad bought me a white jubah to be worn when praying. My sisters got abayas but the one my mom bought for my lil sis is a bit short coz my sis has shot up like a bamboo pole, so it's given to our cousin who came to visit.
.
My Mak Long, Mak Itam and all her children came to visit us a few nights ago. And also to return my dad's vehicle which they used during my parents' leave. They went to Kedah for a wedding and later a tour within the country with the vehicle which can ferry many people and left their BMW with us. My dad gave the BMW to our neighbour to take care and use instead since they won't be around.
.
My mom's friends have been coming during the day and night to visit my mom. My mom had to send some of them awy and promised to see them next week coz she's not really well and she's afraid that they might get infected. But some of them still came coz they were worried when they heard that my mom is ill. So they came with packed coconut water to heal the fever, some gave food so that my mom doesn't have to cook. Even before my mom left for Umrah, some of them gave food which my mom kept in the freezer, coz they know my mom would be tired when she arrived. So, for a couple of days since our parents came home from Mekah, we all ate frozen food given by neighbours which were heated up.
.
Tomorrow is Saturday and we'll be leaving for the towns of Temerloh and Kuantan in the state of Pahang (the east coast) coz my dad has got invitations to his staff and his client's weddings. Later we'll move on to Raub maybe to taste the delicious Mee goreng Mamak from another of my dad's client's stall, before moving to Segamat to visit my dad's aunt who is quite ill at the moment before finally spending the night in Muar and coming back home on Sunday. My dad wants to meet up with his cousins in Muar becoz they took care of us and he has bought some souvenirs from Mekah to give them.
.
Till then,
.
Love and peace
Daniel Zaydi
Assalamualaikum wbt.  
.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment