Tuesday 30 July 2013

A Few Minutes Before Iftar

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Hi. I'm currently waiting for the Maghrib adzan to be called. I've had my Maths exam this morning. made a lot of mistakes on the easy questions, basically all the no brainers. I admit I panicked a bit this morning. Couldn't think straight. My lil sis had her HOTS. The questions were about how to clone some extinct animals, what type of cells should the scientists collect to clone them, etc. I guess the National Geographic junkies could pass with flying colours.
.
Tomorrow I'm having the Science paper. I've been revising while mom helped with some of the answers. Last exam I got 93%. Mom said maybe I can get 98% for this exam.
.
Dad went to the clinic to get his MC for today and wasted RM30 for the consultation and medicine that he's not going to take. My mom said dad might as well just ask for an Emergency Leave from his company. Tomorrow he has to carpool with his friend, Uncle Ony who lives a few doors down.
.
For Iftar today my mom just cook rice, spinach, salted fish, sambal belacan and fried tempe. I told you we eat simple food for Iftar. My mom said, we should eat like the poor during Ramadhan coz that's the whole purpose of fasting, that is to experience how the less fortunate live and to be thankful to Allah for all the food that's on our table. Some people eat lavishly during Iftar and my mom said it defeats the purpose of Ramadhan.
.
I forgot to tell you earlier that my neighbour, Aunt Su's daughter passed away last Friday. She was 22 and was working in a bank. She had been suffering from brain tumor for the last 3 years, most probably due to the excessive use of mobile phone. She died alone in her flat that her mom gave her. Her roomate did not realize she was dead until much later. When paramedics came, she had already bloated and all her blood vessels had burst under her skin. Because of the tumor, she always suffered epilepsy. Maybe she had an epilepsy attack which killed her. She was a very beautiful girl. My mom said she's the most beautiful girl in our neighbourhood. She died on Friday, in the month of Ramadhan and on the Nuzul Quran day. and she was fasting. People say she died in an auspicious day, auspicious month, and while she was making an ibadah. Let's pray that her soul will be rewarded the Jannah.
.
My mom was asked to organise the final rites for her. It's the first time to be held in our musolla and it's also the first time for my mom. The rites include, reciting the Yaasin for her, bathing her, covering her in the proper shroud and finally performing solat for her before she was sent to the grave for burial. All the ladies came to help the poor family and to perform solat for her.
.
To think back about the girl, she had all the world in front of her. She was beautiful, she had a handsome fiance, she had a good career in a bank, she already had a flat and her own car, and she had just opened her own boutique. Now, all her dreams had dashed. Nothing remains except for her good deeds.
.
That's all for now.

Love and peace Daniel Zaydi

No comments:

Post a Comment