Sunday 9 December 2012

On Happiness

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
I stumbled upon the big word "Happiness" a lot lately. For example, there's "Happy New Year", "Happy Holiday" and a lot of "Happiness" word being tossed around during weddings (these couple of months are wedding months), so it got me wondering, do these people really mean it when they wish someone happiness? coz we can't even see happiness, we can't touch it, hold it, coz it's not something physical. It's just a feeling that you can't describe because someone's happiness might not be happiness to someone else.

And there is also false happiness compared to true happiness. For example, at one time, I wanted something so badly and I got it, and I felt really happy, but after a moment the thing became a burden to me, and instead of being happy, I felt mad, stressed, frustrated, sad and have anxiety to the point that I wish I never really wished for it.  That's why, I've decided to list down what happiness means to me:
.
1. When I can spend light time with my good friends and we bond like brothers and sisters.
.
2. When I study not so hard and achieve "A" in my exam result.
.
3. When I go back to my kampung and I spend time with my aunts, uncles, cousins and grandma and grandpa and everybody is happy (no quarreling please).
.
4. When I can express my thoughts and people listen to me sincerely.
.
5. When I don't see people that I don't like.
.
6. When I've cleaned my house and it looks polished.
.
7. When I help my friends.
.
8. When my family and I travel together in my dad's MPV and we sing to a song we all like together.
.
9. When my family, cousins and I go out together to Tanjung in Muar and we blow bubbles, play kites, fool around or just sit on the grass laughing at each other's stupidity.

10. When my family, cousins and I all lie down in front of the TV watching scary movie or funny movie then we all fall asleep together.
.
11. When we have lunch on the wooden platform under a tree in my kampung.
.
12. When I got to tease my cousins and they fail to tease me back haha.
.
13.  When my family, aunts, uncles and cousins all go for a holiday together.
.
14. When my friends or teachers go for a holiday and they tell me about it.
.
15. When my family, aunts, uncles and cousins go for coffee or tea at 4pm and we spend an hour or two just telling funny stories out loud, and we don't care if other customers hear our stories.

16. When my cousins, aunts, uncles, friends come to my house.
.
17. When my friends spend the night at my house.
.
18. When my face is clear of pimples.
.
19. When my mom cooks something delicious or when I can eat Mak Nojah or Mak Ros's cooking.
.
20.  When I've performed all my 5 time compulsory prayers, coz then, I can sleep peacefully without thinking about the debt that I need to pay to God.
.
Well, that's all I can think of now. Maybe I'll update the list when I think of something new.
.
Be happy coz it doesn't involve money.
.
Peace
Daniel Zaydi

No comments:

Post a Comment