Tuesday 4 March 2014

March 2014

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Hi everyone out there. How are you guys living your lives right now? Hope that everyone is in a superb condition with the best mental state to leap forward this year.
.
I know I've not been active in posting new stuff lately. I've been super busy with classes and my social life hehe. Well, not that I have a girlfriend. No I don't, though the whole school spread rumours about me going out with a certain girl. Well, I'll tell you guys about that later. But first and foremost, I just realize that I haven't told you about my PMR result last year.
.
Well, for those of you who are not familiar with the Malaysian school system, the PMR or the Peperiksaan Menengah Rendah is literally translated as The Lower Secondary School Examinations. It's a nation wide exams at the end of our third year in Secondary school and we have to sit for the maximum of 8 subjects. And Thank you Allah, I;ve managed to get straight A's in all the subjects and become one of the best students in my school. There's only 4 of us who obtained 8As. Two have gone to boarding schools but I'm  in my old school.
.
After the result was released, I applied for the Economics class (for form 4) instead of the Pure Science Class (as the tradition with all the excellent students). Because of this, some of the teachers in my school spread rumours that I changed to an "E" class because I was crazy in love with a girl (who is actually my best friend since kindergarten). Even my parents were summoned to meet the Principal due to this stupid rumours. .
The thing is, I've always wanted to become an Economist, so why should I study science when I'm fully aware that I'm not interested in the subjects. My mom and dad supported me 100% but the teachers say I'm stupid, I've ruined my life, made the wrong decision bla bla bla. They say I should take up science and switch to economics when I go to uni. I think this is what is wrong with the Malaysian Education system. They like to label students. The reason I can't go to boarding schools is because they don't offer economic subjects there. Only pure science. And when I chose to take up an Art paper, it became yet another issue in school. The teachers forced me to take up Additional Maths, because without it, I won't be able to enter matriculation during pre-u. What a crap. I love Arts and I'll study what I want. I think I'm big enough to make my own decision and I'm fully aware of what I want and my parents have given me the freedom to make decisions about my life. My mom said, she'll only guide me but the ultimate decisions are my own, so don't these people understand that I'm not some kind of stereotype. That if I don't study Science, I'm doomed. That all the bright students must take up science subjects bla bla bla.
.
So, finally, I managed to secure a place in an Economics class. and a new challenge begin... you know what, most of the teachers would say it straight in our faces that we are stupid, we'll end up no where, we have no future, we are lazy bla bla. I'm very furious because in my family, all these negative talks and thoughts are completely forbidden. I just don't understand what these teachers are trying to do to us. So, after they leave the class, I'd tell my classmates not to listen to the teachers. I told them we can achieve great things, we have a wonderful future in front of us and we are the best creature that God has created. I'd use the same phrase that my mom uses everyday " God has given us 100 trillion brain cells to use, and we've used up only a little, so we have so many more to utilize to achieve everything that we want in this life. If others can do it, so can we, and even more". No, I will not let anyone tell me I'm useless, and I'm hoping that I'll become a mentor to my friends in this class and prove the teachers wrong. All my life, I've been in "A" class. Now that I've joined the "E" class or the losers class as the teachers call it, I know where and what the problem is. The problem is not 100% the students but more of the teachers who brainwashed the students with negative talks.
.
Well, I'm going to make sure that it won't happen in my class. So far, I've made bold steps to coach some of the students on how to study:

Challenge No.1: One very big challenge is one of my classmates, an Indian guy, would talk non stop in class, and I think he really has a problem in keeping his voice down. just imagine him talking with his friends from the other class!!!. So, finally I got the idea to buy a chain from the hardware store. I chained up the back door so that it stayed close and he wouldn't have the chance to converse with his friends from the back door. So, one problem settled.
.
Challenge No. 2 : Some of my classmates like to run out of the class during lessons that they don't like and only come back at the end. So, we've come up with the idea of locking the front door so those who go out without permission will not be able to get in and will be punished by the discipline teacher when he makes the round.
.
Challenge No. 3 : I've talked to one of the teachers about the negative attitude of some of the teachers in the hope that no more negative talks and verbal abuse will be tolerated in my class.
.
Challenge No. 4 : Some of the students are really lazy in reading THE INSTRUCTIONS in the exam papers. That's why they can't answer the papers properly. So, I'm coaching them to underline the KEY WORDS. My mom told me to explain to them what are keywords and how can they identify the keywords. I mean, this is really very basic. Now I know why they always flung their papers. They are just too lazy to try to understand the questions.
.
Challenge No. 5: I have to be a role model to them. Many of you might know that I'm a Deputy Head Prefect in my school. I'm given the privilege to have an early recess so that I can discharge my duty efficiently. However, because of my determination to coach my classmates, I've decided to forego the early recess and continue with my studies with them. So everyday, I don't have any recess. I'll go straight for my duty. It's very tiring but I have to do what I have to do right.
.
Challenge No. 6: To prove the teachers wrong. I study in advance right now. Every night I'll do extra exercises on my own to ensure that I'm well ahead and fully prepared in all the subjects.
.
Challenge No. 7: Cancel the negative thinking spread by the teachers about us: I'm gonna take a little space at the corner of the whiteboard and write out our targets for SPM next year in PERMANENT INK: 10A+ for each and every subject. I've bought the permanent marker pen but I've misplaced it. No worries, I'll just get a new one and write in down this week. Mission accomplished!!.
.
Challenge No 8: Make or buy positive thinking posters and paste them on the classroom walls.
.
Challenge No. 9: I want to see my class emerge as the best class in the history of my school in terms of result, discipline and cleanliness.
.
Challenge No. 10: To make sure that we are again result driven next year (with the right mentality and attitude, I see no problem in achieving even the stars!!!).
.
So, to all of you out there who are reading ythis, wish me lots of luck and thank you.
.
Love and peace
daniel Zaydi

No comments:

Post a Comment