Wednesday 5 March 2014

Communicaton is a Mystery To Me

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Hi there everyone. Emm, the above title seems like a joke right. Well, actually nope. It is a big mystery to me. Just now, my mom and dad encountered a communication (or some would say miscommunication) issue with a guy.
.
This guy texted my dad, accusing my dad of spreading rumours about him having an extra marital affair with a woman who is our close relation. My dad. Of all people. It's like a big joke to me. (well, to me at least, coz I know my dad. He wouldn't even curse a politician, so how could one imagine him to spread rumours about such despicable thing). If I were the one talking to that guy, I would have laughed so loud my head would fall out.
.
The thing is, my mom did not think it is funny. Well, everyone knows my mom. She's like a tigress. Even though she has a Master's degree in Communication, she rarely use it diplomatically. Being a lawyer by training ruined it all I think. So, mom simply picked up the phone and started to cross examine the accuser instead, ..in high volume (the guy must be suffering from earache and headache right now, unless if he had equipped himself with bullet proof ear shield hehe).
.
Dad then took over. Diplomatically asking the guy a few questions and listening attentively most of the time.The guy even apologized to my dad later.
.
However, war erupted after that between mom and dad. Mom left the house. Made some calls I assumed.
.
When mom came back, the atmosphere had calmed down. Well, so we thought. At 3.00 a.m another round of verbal attacks between mom and dad erupted.
.
Mom lost her patience. Picked up the phone. Texted the woman's husband instead and warned him that she's going to see his wife soon. Well, it seems that my mom had just declared a war( it seems that the woman was the one spreading tales about my mom and dad talking bad about them, maybe to cover up their own sins).
.
So, all these baffles me. How different the approach that my mom and dad used to tackle the same issue.
.

My mom likes to approach an issue head-on, and I think it's dangerous coz we can hurt real bad if we use this tactic.
.
My dad on the other hand is subtle and slow, taking the time to let it reveal itself. So, even if he falls, he'll fall real slow.
.
But then again, how can we say who is right or wrong. I think God has created everyone different. Everyone's character is unique. and that's why the world is more interesting. and that's why people study communications in the first place. 
.
Another issue will arise I think. How will my mom communicate with the woman soon. Haha, this is really going to be a drama.
.
Reading my mom's text is really interesting coz she wrote: "Do not disturb the hornet's nest, coz you'll be really sorry". My dad's approach is totally the opposite: "God will show us the truth in due time". So..which one do you prefer???
.
Emm, what's life without a bit of sizzles.
.
Love and peace
Daniel Zaydi

p.s. I wonder whether I'm more like mom or dad. Emmm, maybe dad. Or maybe a bit of mom and more of dad. Well, whateva :)

No comments:

Post a Comment