Monday 13 May 2013

Mother's Day and Moscow

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Hi everyone. I guess everybody celebrates Mother's Day. We also celebrate it here in Malaysia. usually the kitchen would be closed for those who celebrate it coz they will treat their moms to dinner outside.
.
My family do not celebrate it with my mom. In fact we did not get her anything but we went home to my dad's village to celebrate it with Mak Nojah, dad's cousin whose house we would go every time we go back to the village.
.
My mom bought her a nice Guess handbag. The colour is called maupe or something, but I'd rather call it nude colour. It is punctured with holes and there are gold lining inside which can be seen because of the holes. I think it looks nice but I really don't know whether Mak Nojah loves it or not coz she is a makeup artist, so I'm sure she'd like something more glamorous. But she accepted it gracefully and promised to use it.
.
We went to dad's village in Muar on Saturday and came home on Sunday night. We spent the Saturday night playing with helicopter and steering lights (you know the lights which can fly up into the sky) at the Tanjung with our cousins, then had late supper at my dad's cousin's Thai restaurant before finally coming home at 1am.
.
The next day, my dad's cousin gave 4 live kampung chickens to be slaughtered. Mak Ros turned them into delicious rendang and chicken chops. We ate some and took home some. My mom gave some of it to our elderly neighbour who lives a few doors away. Today and tomorrow's dinner will be rendang until it's all eaten up.
.
My dad also gave souvenirs which he bought from Moscow to his cousins and aunts. Most of them got fridge magnets. Mak Ros got scented candles. Mak Ila got a decorative plate from Abu Dhabi. My sisters and I got a nice bag each which is littered with the word Moscow. We also got a lot of chocolates. My dad got himself a Bvlgari perfume called Man Extreme. My mom did not get anything as usual.
.
My dad came home on Wednesday last week. My mom had to pick him up at the train station but her car tyre was puctured. She did not want to drive my dad's big car so she had to walk in the sun to her friend's house and asked her to help pick dad up. Later that night, she fell ill again. I think it's because of the heat because it's the hot season now. It will usually continue up till October. Luckily, my mom's good friend, Aunty Mas came to send her some medicine and my mom became well again.  If not, we would not be able to go back to Muar and met our cousins.
.
My dad said, the Russian people walk very fast especially at the subway stations. he said everything went very fast unlike in Malaysia, where the train doors would give time for passengers to move in and out before closing. Over there he said, he had to jog to catch up with the locals who walk. My mom said it's similar to the Londoners who walk fast. But my dad said, the Russians are faster. I just can't imagine coz we in Malaysia walk very leisurely. If we walk fast, people would stare at us. They would think we are having an emergency, or we do not have any patience.
.
Well, that's all for now. Happy living everyone.
.
Love and peace
Daniel Zaydi

.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment