Thursday 28 February 2013

Secrets to Share

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
It's normal for the Malays to ask this to us students. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" And they actually don't want to listen to our answer, coz they already have the answer in their minds.It's either a lawyer, doctor, engineer, millionaire, prime minister, pilot and all the glamorous and high paid jobs.
.
Look, I don't want to be either of those. I want to be someone who has the time to pray solatul jamaah 5 times daily at the mosque but at the same time also makes lots of money. I've friends who lead the best lives. They go to pray at the musolla every single time. Then they have the tazkirah, or read a bit of the quran or recite the hadiths. Then they go out to have a drink or eat.Then they go back to the musolla or head home. Then prepare to go to the musolla again for the next prayer. How do they earn their living? They use the internet to make a living as property agents. I don't see them complaining of tiredness at all. They don't have a deadline, they don't have to brave the traffic or come home late like my dad, they don't have a punch card, they don't have any debt, they buy things in cash, and they don't spend much. One of them earn RM10,000 per month but his monthly expenditure is only RM800. It's an excess of RM9,200, and he told my mom, he can afford to work once every three months. In the evening they will teach the children al-Quran, how to pray and whatnot. I think this is the best bunch of people. They wear clothes like Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. and they are very pious even though they are still young.
.
I think I want to work in property also when I grow up coz I like to do ID (Interior Design) (in fact I've told them I want to join them after SPM). However, I have to form my own company like my friends above. When my mom asked them how can they earn so much but at the same time be so laidback, they told my mom the secret is to maintain praying 5 times jamaah prayer at the musolla. They say, our era is almost the end of time, where Muslims don't care to emulate the Prophet, especially in upholding the 5 times jamaah prayer, So for those who do it, Allah will reward them rezeki (fortune) out of nowhere, in abundance, because of their closeness to Allah. I figure if I become a doctor, lawyer, engineer and whatnot, I'd be too busy with my work that I won't have time to pray jamaah prayers 5 times without fail.
.
My sister wants to become a  botanist when she grows up. Everybody was surprised when she took up agricultural science in school coz it's considered a lesser grade science class unlike the pure science class. However my sister is firmed in her decision and my mom supported her. So, she is now in "C" class but she's fine with it. Some of her friends left her when she joined the "C" class. I guess people nowadays are very much drilled about status that it comes first compared to friendship. So, at first, my sister was left with no friends. She came home telling my mom how she had to go to recess alone, and she was so sad that she even forgot what she ate and where she ate. But now, things have changed. She found new and better friends, and she's become more popular than ever (just like me and lil sis hehe, sorry ye kalau saya perasan).
.
When we talked to our mom about this new development, my mom said, after big sis told her about her sad story, my mom would pray to God every time she see us to school at the door. She prays that we will be happy, have a good life in this world and the next, is loved by every creature, that Allah will guard our Iman, that we'll be successful, that we'll attract only the positive energy and be guarded against the negative ones, and so on and so forth. She said she learnt this from a pious old lady that she befriended. I guess my mom's du'a(s) came true after all. That's why when my BFF said to me, "Hey, how come everyone knows and greets you when I walk with you", I said to him, "Tell your mom to make du'a for you every time you go to school".
.
Well, I've shared with you two secrets already:
1) the secret to make lots of money without braking your backbone is by praying the 5 times compulsory prayers in jamaah.
2) the secret to be popular and loved by everyone is by asking your mom to make du'a for you every time you step out of the house. (Well, my mom makes du'a for my dad also, and for my lil baby bro too, etc. In fact she always always makes du'a for God knows who).
.
That's all. I hope you'll benefit from this post.
.
Love and peace
Daniel Zaydi



No comments:

Post a Comment