Thursday 5 December 2013

Still Alive and Kickin'

Assalamualaikum wbt and peace be upon you,
.
Wow, it seems so long since I last posted somethin' here. I went into hibernation mode right after PMR exams coz I've stressed out soo much for the exams. So, I kinda needed a little space for myself. Now, I feel like I've been recharged and ready to step into blogosphere again :).
.
So, I'll just make a quick update on what has been going on since I went into the "off" mode for the past couple of months>
.
1. Some of my elderly relatives had passed on to the other side. Sadly, Atok Mail died of infections after the doctors at the Muar hospital failed to change a tube in his body for 4 months even though it needed replacement every week (see, I told you doctors kill people here in my country).
.
2. My uncle and second nephew died in a freak car accident. The accident was aired on TV and coz on that day alone, there were 4 freak accidents. My aunt however survived but all her major limbs and bones are fractured. She's still hospitalized in HUKM. (They are the family of my late Tok Ngah whom I wrote about before).
-Seriously, how do you react when you get a phone call with news like this?? Think.

3. There are too many birthdays to be celebrated in Nov and Dec that my mom just bought books and we'll send the gifts over this weekend when we go back home to Muar.
.
4. Uncle Ajak and family, Mak Ros and Mak Lati went to Vietnam last week for a shopping spree and sightseeing. Mak Lati missed the flight coz she didn't realize that her passport has less than 6 months validity. So my Mak Nolie called up some friends and Mak Lati got a VVIP treatment for the next day flight even though it was really hard to get a ticket during this holiday season.
.
5. My family and I are going for a holiday in Melaka this weekend to celebrate my big sis's last schooldays. My mom said my big sis can now burn or get rid of her school uniforms coz she won't be going to school anymore for the rest of her life. She has sat for final SPM papers yesterday and it's kinda sad coz I won't be seeing her in school anymore. I'd miss going to school with her every morning in the school van and "hi"ing her in school etc. She'll just move on. Maybe she won't be living with us anymore if she goes to study overseas. "Sad, sad, sob, sob".Yesterday, my mom and her good friend, Aunt Mas took my big sis out to Jusco Equine Park and treated her for some lunch.
.
6. My lil sis and I go to the Tahfiz (Quran Memorization Camp) during this school hols. But this year, I do feel overwhelmed coz the participants are too rowdy. They don't have any disciplines and I ended up not being able to memorize the Surah. My mom said, we won't have to go there again next year.
.
7. My parents wanted to send big sis, lil sis and I for a holiday in Beijing during the school holidays in March next year. But you know what, I made the biggest mistake in my life and now my name is cancelled. It goes like this: A few weeks ago, my dad came home from work. My mom was already in her room upstairs. My dad told me off for throwing my pants on the floor in the downstairs room. and I kinda replied by showing my dad that he also hanged his used pants in the room. My dad became furious (maybe coz he was tired). My mom heard about it the next day and told my dad to cancel my name. And since I won't be going, my lil sis also can't go coz there's no one to take care of her. So my big sis will go alone. And she's invited her friend to go with her. Urggggh, my stupid mouth. I should have just stayed quiet when my dad scolded me. My mom said there's no point in rewarding me when I can't show any respect to my dad. But that's not true. I do respect my dad...but I guess I just shouldn't tell him off like that. I could get away with it if I did it to my mom, but not to my dad I guess coz my mom wouldn't allow it ever.
.
8. My mom has started teaching the neighbours' children to recite the Quran again. It started like this: One night, after Isya' we heard Salaam at the front gate, and a kid just came marching in in his white Arabic robe and a Quran in his hand. So my mom taught him. The next night, 3 kids came marching in. On the third night, 4 kids came marching in. My mom would reward them with an apple whenever they have finished and before sending them off. Now, every night we have these little visitors.
.
9. Sometimes I went to my dad's office to help him with his work. Next week, my big sis will go coz she's finished her school. I tell you, it's really really boring to go to work. I need to wake up early. Then sat at the table for long hours staring at the computer. And my mom had reminded me to smile and say nothing. So that's what I've been doing all the time there. Do my work, smile, don't say anything. Then, came home with my dad. I'd be so hungry that my dad would stop over somewhere to treat me to dinner before we reach home.Now I don't have to go anymore coz I've this Tahfiz campwhich will only end on the 20th of Dec.
.
10. This month is the wettest month ever. It rains every single day. Half of Peninsular Malaysia is already submerged underwater. We have never experienced anything as bad as this before. Luckily my house is on top of a hill, if not we might experience flooding as well. My dad would come home wet coz he rides the bike. He would never want to drive his car even though my mom is worried about him coz he hates the KL traffic. He'll only drive when he took me with him to his office.
.
11. Have you seen the pics of the Arab guy Borkan al-Gala or something. I think he looks like my dad, serious!.
.
Ok, that's all for now.
.
C u when I c u
.
Love and peace
Daniel Zaydi    

No comments:

Post a Comment